let us welcome you
If you are considering getting into sailing, why not visit us on a Sunday morning to see the different boats we sail up close – our members are always keen to answer questions and show you the ropes.
You can even arrange to go out on a patrol boat or the committee boat to watch the sailing school or racing up close.
what our membership offers
- Competitive fleet racing for all levels of experience
- A Twilight Yacht Racing series
- Start Sailing courses
- A progressive Junior Development Programme
- A large fleet of club Optimists for children’s use
- A large rigging area
- Easy access to the water
- Launch facilities for trailer sailers and larger boats at the club, or at nearby Rowland Reserve
- A well-stocked canteen – great coffee and a large selection of fresh food
- Boat storage (for full members only)
- Organised social functions and informal get-togethers
We are always looking for new members and we would love to hear from you. Contact us if you are interested in learning more about BYRA or want to discuss joining up. Or why not drop in for a chat (Sunday mornings are best) and deliver them in person? That will give you a chance to look around, meet us, and to get an idea of what we’re all about.
BYRA membership levels
We offer a range of membership options to suit all levels of involvement.
Join us today and experience the full benefits of being a member.
Senior membership is for individuals aged 18 years or older on July 1st. Senior members tend to have their own boats which they either store at the club or keep at home and bring along each Sunday.
Our Family Membership provides a cost-effective means for members of the same immediate family to join BYRA.
Associate Membership is for non-racing members who do not intend to own, skipper or crew a boat registered with BYRA. This membership category is effectively for social members.